“We’re better than you, so you’d better watch out.”
As I’ve pointed out before, the elites and their leftist hangers-on hate and despise ordinary people, especially Christians. Nowhere is this more apparent than in the current campaign of vicious attacks by homosexuals and lesbians on normal people who have made the mistake of believing they are free.
- A Christian baker in the Denver, Colorado area who declined to make a wedding cake for a pair of homosexuals. He was pounced upon, sued, and ritually humiliated by the courts, forced to undergo re-education (also called “sensitivity training), and to submit to involuntary servitude to his tormentors.
- A Christian pizzeria owner in Indiana who naively answered leading questions by a malicious reporter about whether he might cater a homosexual “wedding.” He was subjected to a barrage of abuse by well-off bien-pensants, as well as threats by local crazies, purely on the basis of an off-the-cuff response to a hypothetical question .
- A Christian florist in Washington, who has been dragged to court by the State for refusing to provide flowers to a homosexual “wedding.”
- A Christian couple running a bakery in the hipster-lefty-infested Portland Oregon area, who have been found guilty by a an “administrative law judge” (so much for “due process”) of causing “emotional suffering” to a lesbian couple for not baking them a cake for their “wedding.” They have been ordered to pay their “victims” $135,000.
- A cab driver in New York City who was fined $10,000 for telling his lesbian passengers to stop snogging in his cab, and calling them bad names after they left without paying. The cab driver, apparently under some illusion that he had the right to enforce standards of decency in his taxi, had the audacity to tell them to “keep that [behavior] for the bedroom or get out of the cab.” The triumphant couple (see photo above) are a television executive and an “actress,” for whom a $10,000 fine would probably not cause near as much damage as it will to the father-of-four cab driver. That’ll show him who’s boss.
Left unsaid in most of these incidents is just how easy it would probably be to find someone who would gladly provide services to the aggrieved parties. Are you telling me that there aren’t bakeries in Portland and Denver who wouldn’t supply a “gay wedding” cake? Or that there were no “gay” florists to be found?
No, in most of these cases it looks as if the victims were targeted by their tormentors in a deliberate attempt to provoke them into a trap. Even the lesbian cab smoochers displayed arrogant, provocative behavior seemingly calculated to get a reaction.
And here’s the thing. My suspicion is that in all or most of these cases, the aggrieved parties are not only higher status, but better off financially than the people they are going after.
Progressives today are openly targeting and trying to destroy people who are poorer than they are. It’s the kind of haughty cruelty that brings to mind the worst of cliches about Old World aristocracy.
It used to be that lefties at least made a show of caring about the plight of the ordinary man. No longer. Now their contempt and hatred of the average American is right out in the open.